The mission of Homestead High School is to equip all students with transferable skills, promote academic independence, foster social responsibility, and inspire a passion for learning.
Click here to learn more about our mission and its development.
- Homestead is one of only three high schools in Wisconsin (and the only high school with an enrollment over 400 students) to earn a top ranking on the 2012 state report card, "significantly exceeds expectations."
- Homestead's graduating Class of 2012 earned an average composite ACT score of 25.2, near the top of all public high schools in Wisconsin. Almost 84% of graduates took the ACT.
- Eleven members of the Class of 2012 have been named National Merit Finalists.
- Over 90% of Homestead graduates attend 4-year colleges and universities or 2-year vocational/technical colleges.
Homestead High School
5000 West Mequon Road
Mequon, Wisconsin 53092
Phone (262) 238-5900
Fax (262) 238-5633
News & Announcements
- Choir Benefit Concert
Homestead High School's choir concert June 2, 2013
- "The Highlander" and Staff Earn WNA Awards
Congratulations to the staff of Homestead's newspaper, "The Highlander," for earning a second place General Excellence award in this year's Wisconsin Newspaper Association Foundation High School Better Newspaper Contest. And, congratulations to writer Adam Bodner for his second place award in Column Writing and writer Blake Leeson for his honorable mention award in General Reporting. Go, Highlanders!
- Upcoming College Transition Event
College-bound seniors and their parents are strongly encouraged to attend "The Road Ahead: Making the Transition from High School to College," being sponsored by Homestead and Starting Points of Ozaukee.
- Homestead Grad Greetings 2013
Don't miss out on sending your favorite graduating senior a Grad Greeting!
- Sophomores Set School Records on State Exam
Congratulations to members of the Class of 2015, who set several school records on this year's Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts (WKCE) test. Sophomores set a school record for the percent of students testing in the "proficient" or "advanced" ranges in Language Arts and Science. Further, they set a school record for the percent of students testing "advanced" in Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. Finally, the percent of Homestead students testing "proficient" or "advanced" in Reading was tops among all high schools in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, and Waukesha Counties. Go, Highlanders!
- "The Highlander" Earns National Recognition
Congratulations to adviser Mrs. Rachel Rauch the staff of Homestead's student newspaper, "The Highlander." The newspaper won the seventh place "Best of Show Award" at this year's National Scholastic Press Association conference in San Fransisco. This recognition is the first national-level honor for a Homestead student publication. Go, Highlanders!
- Third Trimester Final Exams
Final exams for third trimester are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, June 12 and 13.
- Forensics Team and Individual Speakers Excel at State Tournament
Congratulations to the Homestead Forensics team for earning third place at this year's State Tournament. In addition to the team success, several individuals earned top honors, including Austin Cao and Marty Berquist, both of whom earned First Place finishes in their categories. Go, Highlanders!
- Students Earn All-state Math Honors
Congratulations to Austin Cao, Vinay Raghavan, Will Kammerait, and Andrew Zhu, who have been named to the All-state Second Team for their performance in the Wisconsin State Math Contest on March 5, 2013. Go, Highlanders!
- District Flyers for Parents
Click here to view up-to-date information from our MTSD community.
- Forensics Students Earn National Tournament Bid
Congratulations to Homestead forensics team members Katie Bandurski and Lauren Watchmaker, both of whom earned bids to the National Catholic Forensics League (NCFL) Grand National Tournament in Philadelphia on May 25 and 26. Lauren will compete in the Original Oratory category, while Katie will compete in Oral Interpretation of Literature. Go, Highlanders!
- Karli Wittenberg Earns National Acclaim for Artistic Talent
Congratulations to Senior Karli Wittenberg for her recognition at the national level of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards. Her regional Gold Key-winning ceramic vessel entitled "Latvia" advanced to the National Competition and has received a silver medal. Karli has also been awarded the American Visions Medal, an honor that a single student in Wisconsin receives annually. Her artwork will be on display in New York, along with that of 300 other national winners. Karli will accept her awards during a ceremony at Carnegie Hall on June 1.
- Gymnasts Excel at State Tournament
Congratulations to the Homestead gymnastics team, who captured third place honors in this year's Division I state tournament. Go, Highlanders!
- Petersen Captures State Swim Title, Sets State Meet Record
Congratulations to junior Nick Petersen for capturing the 100-yard backstroke title at the Division I State Swimming and Diving Championships. Nick's winning time of 49.34 set a new state meet record, besting the mark set by future Olympic gold medalist Garrett Weber-Gale. Nick also placed fourth in the 200 individual medley. Go, Highlanders!
- Latin Students Earn Accolades at State Convention
Congratulations to the 75 Homestead students who competed in this year's Wisconsin Junior Classical League's Latin Convention. In addition to earning a number of individual awards, Homestead students earned second place overall and won the coveted Spirit Award. Go, Highlanders!
- Math Students Capture North Shore Conference Championship
Congratulations the the Homestead Varsity Math Team for earning first place honors at this year's North Shore Conference Math Meet. Three Homestead students finished in the top ten among all participants. Go, Highlanders!
- Debaters Earn Accolades at State Tournament
Congratulations to the Homestead novice debate team for earning Honorable Mention at State on January 18-19 and to the varsity team for taking third place in their division. Also, congratulations to Andrey Rainchik and Collin Cademartori for earning recognition as Top Negative Team. Go, Highlanders!
- Artists Shine at Scholastic Art Competition
Congratulations to the five Homestead artists who earned a total of 14 awards at this year's Scholastic Art Competition. Go, Highlanders!
- Debaters Earn Bid to National Tournament
Congratulations to Homestead debaters Collin Cadematori and Austin Cao, one of six policy debate teams from Wisconsin who earned a slot at the National Catholic Forensics League (NCFL) Grand National Tournament in Philadelphia on May 25 and 26. Go, Highlanders!
- Homestead Earns Top Ranking on New School Report Card
Congratulations to the Homestead students, faculty and community. On Wisconsin's new state report card, our school earned the ranking of "Significantly Exceeds Expectations." Across the state, only 68 schools earned this distinction; only three of those schools were high schools. No other large high school in the state and no other high school in the Milwaukee Metro area received this top ranking.
- Football Team Brings Home Division II Championship
Congratulations to the Highlander football team--Division II State Champions! Homestead's victory over Waunakee marks its fourth gridiron championship in school history. Go, Highlanders!
- Girls Tennis: Five-peat State Champions!
Congratulations to the girls tennis team and coach Jackie Egelhoff for earning their fifth state team championship in a row, tying the state record for consecutive Division I top honors. Go, Highlanders!
- Congratulations Girls Tennis Players: Division I State Champions in Singles and Doubles
For the second consecutive year, Elizabeth Konon captured the Division I state singles title. Teammates Sophia Lococo and Anna Kreynin took home top honors in the doubles field, marking the second year in a row that Homestead claimed championships in both fields. Also, congratulations to Mardee Merar, who earned fifth place in this year's singles tournament. Go, Highlanders!
- Girls Golf Team: Back-to-Back Division I State Champions
Congratulations to Rachel Morris, Lauren Olson, Emily Schneeberger, Lucy Smith, Anikia Hitt, Kathleen Cullen, Coach John Krueger and Coach Ben Filzen on bringing home the championship trophy for the second year in a row. Go, Highlanders!
- Homestead Announcements Hotline:
Parents or students who want to hear a day's announcements can call 262-238-5815 anytime after 11:00 that day.
|May 23 - Thursday|
07:00 PM - Orchestra Spring Benefit Concert
|May 27 - Monday|
Memorial Day (No School)
|May 29 - Wednesday|
06:00 PM - Merit Award Ceremony
|May 30 - Thursday|
Hall of Inspiration Induction Ceremony
|June 2 - Sunday|
MTEF 5K Run/Walk
06:00 PM - Annual Choir Benefit
|June 3 - Monday|
12:00 PM - VOICES Meeting
|June 5 - Wednesday|
07:00 PM - Band Concert
- Short Kilts May 20, 2013
- Highlander Highlights May 13, 2013
- Short Kilts May 6, 2013
- The Artichoke April 2013
- Short Kilts April 22, 2013
- Highlander Highlights April and May
- Short Kilts April 8, 2013
- Short Kilts April 3, 2013
- Short Kilts March 13, 2013
- The Highlander March 2013
- Short Kilts March 4, 2013
- Short Kilts February 25, 2013
- Highlander Highlights February 2013
- Short Kilts February 12, 2013
- Short Kilts February 4, 2013
- Short Kilts January 29, 2013
- Short Kilts January 21, 2013
- The Highlander January 18, 2013
- Highlander Highlights January 2013
- Short Kilts January 7, 2013
- Highlander Highlights December
- Short Kilts Dec. 10
- Short Kilts Dec. 3
- Short Kilts Nov. 26
- The Highlander November
- Short Kilts Nov. 19
- Highlander Highlights November
- Short Kilts Nov. 5
- Highlander Highlights October
- Short Kilts Oct. 22
- Short Kilts Oct. 29
- The Highlander
- The Highlander (Archives)
Past Issues of The Highlander