The mission of Homestead High School is to equip all students with transferable skills, promote academic independence, foster social responsibility, and inspire a passion for learning.
Click here to learn more about our mission and its development.
|Mr. Brett Bowers|
- Homestead is one of only three high schools in the state to earn back-to-back top ratings on Wisconsin's state report card: "significantly exceeds expectations."
- Eighteen members of the Class of 2014 were invited to compete in the National Merit Scholarship competition. Fourteen students have been named National Merit Semi-finalists.
- In the spring of 2014, Homestead students wrote nearly 800 Advanced Placement exams, 85% of those exams earning a score of three or higher. Over their high school careers, more than 52% of the Class of 2014 scored a three or higher on at least one AP test.
- For seven consecutive years, Homestead's average composite ACT score has been 25.0 or higher. Nintey-two percent of graduates from the Class of 2013 took the ACT.
- Over 90% of Homestead graduates attend four-year colleges and universities or two-year vocational/technical colleges.
- Graduates from the Class of 2014 are attending a range of top-tier universities including the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, the University of Notre Dame, Vanderbilt University, Washington University in St. Louis, the University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, Brown University, Harvard College, Middlebury College, and Rice University. Homestead remains one of the state's top feeders into the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Homestead High School
5000 West Mequon Road
Mequon, Wisconsin 53092
Phone (262) 238-5900
Fax (262) 238-5633
News & Announcements
- Boys Golf Team Brings Home Gold
Congratulations to Coach Steve O'Brien and the members of the Homestead boys golf team for capturing the 2014 Division I State Team Championship. Homestead last won the tournament in 2006. Go, Highlanders!
- Journalists Earn Awards
For the second time in three years, "The Highlander" has won the $1,000 First Award in General Excellence from the Wisconsin Newspaper Association. Also, Anna Kreynin won a First Award in Feature Writing for her article titled, " Weighing pros and cons of youth sports." Aaron Glazer's article "Paying for performance" won a Second Award for General Reporting, and the Investigative Team of Sydney Benson and Brittany Emond won a Second Award for their "Revealing the truth" articles. Go, Highlanders!
- Homestead Named Advanced Placement Pacesetter School
The Wisconsin Advanced Placement Advisory Council (WAPAC) recently named Homestead a Pacesetter school due to students' widespread participation in AP testing coupled with their high rate of success on those exams.
- Homestead Named Among America's Most Challenging High Schools
The Washington Post recognizes Homestead High School as one of the most challenging high schools in America. Please click on the blue link for the entire story.
- Publications Program Earns Honors
"The Highlander" newspaper placed fifth in the National Scholastic Press Association (NSPA) Best of Show competition at the National Journalism Convention in San Diego on April 12. Editor-in-chief Katie Bandurski earned the highest ranking ("Superior") in editorial writing in the Journalism Education Association (JEA) write-off competition on April 13. Go, Highlanders!
- Registration for the 2014-2015 School Year
Registration Day has been set! Registration will occur in the Homestead cafeteria on Thursday, August 14 from 8:00 - 2:00 and from 4:00 - 8:00.
- MTSD VIDEO: A Look Inside Our Schools
The Mequon-Thiensville School District created a video to give prospective new families and community members a video snapshot of who we are and what we offer.
- Homestead Daily Announcements Hotline:
Parents or students who want to hear the daily announcements can call 262-238-5815 anytime after 11:00 that day.
|August 14 - Thursday|
08:00 AM - Homestead High School School Registration Day
- Short Kilts June 13, 2014
- Short Kilts June 4, 2014
- The Highlander June 6, 2014
- Short Kilts May 27, 2014
- Short Kilts May 20, 2014
- Short Kilts May 12, 2014
- Short Kilts Class of 2014 Special Edition
- Short Kilts May 5, 2014
- Short Kilts April 28, 2014
- The Artichoke: May 2014
- Short Kilts April 21, 2014
- Short Kilts March 17, 2014
- Short Kilts March 10, 2014
- Short Kilts March 3, 2014
- Highlander, March 2014
- Short Kilts February 24, 2014
- Short KIlts February 17, 2014
- Short Kilts February 10, 2014
- Short Kilts February 4, 2014
- The Highlander, January 2014
- Short Kilts January 20, 2014
- Short Kilts January 13, 2014
- Short Kilts January 6, 2014
- Short Kilts December 17, 2013
- Short Kilts December 9, 2013
- Short Kilts December 3, 2013
- Short Kilts November 19, 2013
- The Highlander November, 2013
- Faculty Wish List-Updated March 2014
The faculty at Homestead put together a "wish list" of items that they could use for their classroom. If you are interested in donating an item from this list, please contact the student office at 262-238-5620. Thank you in advance for your support and generosity.
- Short Kilts November 4, 2013
- Short Kilts October 28, 2013
- Short Kilts October 21, 2013
- Short Kilts October 14, 2013
- Short Kilts October 7, 2013
- Short Kilts September 30, 2013
- Short Kilts September 23, 2013
- Short Kilts September 16, 2013
- Short Kilts, September 9, 2013