The mission of Homestead High School is to equip all students with transferable skills, promote academic independence, foster social responsibility, and inspire a passion for learning.
Click here to learn more about our mission and its development.
|Mr. Brett Bowers|
- Homestead is one of only three high schools in the state to earn back-to-back top ratings on Wisconsin's state report card: "significantly exceeds expectations."
- On the 2012 Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Exam (WKCE), Homestead sophomores posted the top combined reading/math proficency score of any traditional high school in the state.
- Eighteen members of the Class of 2014 were invited to compete in the National Merit Scholarship competition. Fourteen students have been named National Merit Semi-finalists.
- In the spring of 2013, Homestead students wrote 815 Advanced Placement exams, 86% of those exams earning a score of three or higher. Over their high school careers, more than 50% of the Class of 2013 took and scored a three or higher on at least one AP test. In 2013, 146 students earned an AP Scholar award, including ten students who were named National AP Scholars. This year, Homestead AP students earned the school and district a spot on the Fourth Annual College Board AP Honor Roll.
- For seven consecutive years, Homestead's average composite ACT score has been 25.0 or higher. Nintey-two percent of graduates from the Class of 2013 took the ACT.
- Over 90% of Homestead graduates attend four-year colleges and universities or two-year vocational/technical colleges.
- Graduates from the Class of 2013 are attending a range of top-tier universities including regional leaders like the University of Chicago, Grinnell College, Northwestern University and Washington University in St. Louis; as well as Ivy League institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, Cornell University, Dartmouth College and Columbia University. Homestead remains one of the state's top feeders into the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Homestead High School
5000 West Mequon Road
Mequon, Wisconsin 53092
Phone (262) 238-5900
Fax (262) 238-5633
News & Announcements
- Moody's Mega Math Challenge
Moody's Mega Math Challenge recognizes a team of students from Homestead High School with an honorable mention award. Please click on the blue link for all of the exciting details!
- AP Test Prep "Boost" Sessions
Click the blue link to see the complete and updated list of AP test preparation boosts available to students this spring. While not mandatory, these opportunities to review material and reactivate prior knowledge are strongly encouraged.
- Third Trimester Parent/Teacher Conferences
Parent/teacher conferences for third trimester will be held on Thursday, May 1 from 3:30 - 7:45 p.m. in the field house.
- 2014 AP Exam Schedule
Please click on the link for the 2014 Advanced Placement exam schedule.
- Registration for the 2014-2015 School Year
Registration Day has been set! Registration will occur in the Homestead cafeteria on Thursday, August 14 from 8:00 - 2:00 and from 4:00 - 8:00.
- "The Road Ahead: Making the Transition from High School to College"
Again this year, Homestead is partnering with Starting Point of Ozaukee to host this informative program for graduating seniors and their parents. Take this opportunity to ask questions and get expert advice about how to move from high school to college in a way that's safe, healthy, and focused on success.
- MTSD VIDEO: A Look Inside Our Schools
The Mequon-Thiensville School District created a video to give prospective new families and community members a video snapshot of who we are and what we offer.
- MTEF Teacher Award Nomination Form
Nominations for MTEF Teacher Awards will be accepted until April 18, 2014. Please click on the blue link for more information.
- Senior Athletes Sign National Letter of Intent
Congratulations to the fourteen members of the Class of 2014 who signed a national letter of intent to play collegiate athletics next year. Go, Highlanders!
- Give to the HHS "Hall of Achievement" Project
Click on the link above to learn about how you can donate funds to support construction of the Hall of Achievement here at Homestead.
- Artists Earn Scholastic Art Honors
Congratulations to the 12 Homestead students who earned a total of 17 awards at this year's Scholastic Art Awards competition, the region's most prestigious exhibition for student artists. Click the link to see the students' work. Go, Highlanders!
- Debaters Qualify for National Tournament
Congratulations to seniors Collin Cademartori and Austin Cao for earning a perfect 5-0 record at the recent National Forensics League national debate tournament qualifier. Collin and Austin will represent Homestead at NLF nationals in Overland Park, Kansas, this June. Go, Highlanders!
- One Act Play Sweeps State Competition
Congratulations to the cast and crew of this year's One Act Play, who competed at the state contest with 39 other schools during the weekend of November 22-23. The group swept the awards, bringing home the top honor in every category. Stage crew received the Crew Award for set, lights, sound and costume design. The cast walked away with the Ensemble Acting Award and two individual acting awards (Alex Gieske and Joe Schwalb). Ms. Amelia Figg-Franzoi earned the Director Award. And, all three judges unanimously named Homestead as winner of the Critics Choice Award, the highest honor of the competition. Go, Highlanders!
- MTSD Recognized for Advanced Placement Performance
MTSD and Homestead High School have been named to the 2013 College Board AP Honor Roll for our students' AP exam participation and success.
- Tennis Players Earn Runner-up Awards at State Tournament
Congratulations to members of the Homestead girls tennis team for their runner-up finishes at this year's Division I State Tournament. Senior Elizabeth Konan finished second in singles. Senior Madree Merar and freshman Katya Mikhailanko earned second place honors in doubles. A special congratulations goes out to Elizabeth and Mardee for amazing tennis careers at HHS. Go, Highlanders!
- Hitt Earns Runner-Up Honors at State Golf Tournament
Congratulations to HHS junior Anika Hitt, who finished second at this year's Division I WIAA State Golf Tournament. Anika finished four strokes behind the leader and posted the top score (71) on the second day of play. Go, Highlanders!
- Request a Tutor or Volunteer Support
The Homestead National Honor Society has developed a web-based method for requesting tutoring or volunteer support from its members. Just click "Request Volunteers" on the left menu and provide the requested information. Help is just a few keystrokes away!
- Fourteen Seniors Named National Merit Semi-finalists
Congratulations to the fourteen members of the Class of 2014 for being named Semi-finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. Go, Highlanders!
- District Flyers for Parents
Click here to view up-to-date information from our MTSD community.
- Homestead Daily Announcements Hotline:
Parents or students who want to hear the daily announcements can call 262-238-5815 anytime after 11:00 that day.
- Short Kilts March 17, 2014
- Short Kilts March 10, 2014
- Short Kilts March 3, 2014
- Highlander, March 2014
- Short Kilts February 24, 2014
- Short KIlts February 17, 2014
- Short Kilts February 10, 2014
- Short Kilts February 4, 2014
- The Highlander, January 2014
- Short Kilts January 20, 2014
- Short Kilts January 13, 2014
- Short Kilts January 6, 2014
- Short Kilts December 17, 2013
- Short Kilts December 9, 2013
- Short Kilts December 3, 2013
- Short Kilts November 19, 2013
- The Highlander November, 2013
- Faculty Wish List-Updated March 2014
The faculty at Homestead put together a "wish list" of items that they could use for their classroom. If you are interested in donating an item from this list, please contact the student office at 262-238-5620. Thank you in advance for your support and generosity.
- Short Kilts November 4, 2013
- Short Kilts October 28, 2013
- Short Kilts October 21, 2013
- Short Kilts October 14, 2013
- Short Kilts October 7, 2013
- Short Kilts September 30, 2013
- Short Kilts September 23, 2013
- Short Kilts September 16, 2013
- Short Kilts, September 9, 2013