Our Mission Statement
Steffen Middle School fosters students’ intellectual, emotional, and social growth by promoting mutual respect, high expectations, and personal integrity. As a community, our staff, students, and families cultivate lifelong learning and responsible citizenship in today’s global society.
The educational process is a dynamic one. Excellence within the educational system can best be achieved through a shared vision between school and community. Students need to be continually challenged and nurtured. Students of today are going to be expected to supersede expectations we have not even thought of yet. We will meet this challenge. Tangible, worthwhile goals are to be the framework for which excellence is measured. Flexibility, versatility and an abundance of energy are going to be required by everyone involved. Students, teachers, parents, administration and the community must work together to successfully prepare our children to be positive, productive citizens.
Steffen Green Sheets
Wisconsin State School Report Card
82.7 – Exceeds Expectations
82.2 – Exceeds Expectations
Congratulations on being recognized by the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators as an Exemplary Middle School! Steffen Middle School was recognized for achieving math and reading scores in the top 10% AND experiencing significant growth in math.
Exemplary Middle School
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
An emphasis is placed on student performance and an instructional program that provides appropriate challenges for students of all levels of ability.
- Positive Intervention & Enrichment (P.I.E.) Course Description Booklet
Steffen Middle School
6633 West Steffen Drive
Mequon, Wisconsin 53092
Fax: (262) 238-4740
News & Announcements
- Honor Flight - Fundraiser
Tuesday, April 22nd, at 7 pm HHS auditorium
- 8th Grade Promotion Letter to Parents
June 11, 2014
- MTSD VIDEO: A Look Inside Our Schools
The Mequon-Thiensville School District created a video to give prospective new families and community members a video snapshot of who we are and what we offer.
- 2014 Human Growth and Development Schedule
- 8th Grade Video Announcements Application
Apply to be part of the NEW video announcements at Steffen.
- Community Service Day Permission Form
Friday, April 25, 2014
- MTEF Teacher Award Nomination Form
Nominations for MTEF Teacher Awards accepted until 4/18
- K-8 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR
(Board Approved 1/20/14)
- 2014-2015 Steffen Course Descriptions
- MTSD is the #1 K-12 District in the State of Wisconsin!
- Check out the Student Council page
for the latest fundraisers and student events!
- 2013-2014 Assessment Calendar
- Letter to Parents Regarding Building Access
Message from the Director of Buildings and Grounds concerning building access at the Middle Schools and Elementary Schools.
- District Flyers for Parents
Click here to view up-to-date information from our MTSD community.
- 2013-2014 Start and Dismissal Times
8:00 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- MyTec - Personal Technology Wireless Access
updated January 3, 2012
- Steffen Showcase
See what Steffen students and teachers are doing!
- Steffen Middle School - A Tradition of Excellence
- Strategies of the Successful Student