Spring 2023 Election
An election is to be held in the School District of Mequon-Thiensville, on Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
The following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed:
Office Incumbent - School Board Member Wendy L. Francour
Office Incumbent - School Board Member Erik Hollander
Office Terms - The term of office for school board member is three years beginning on Monday, April 24, 2023. A description of the school district boundaries can be obtained from the school district office.
A Campaign Registration Statement and a Declaration of Candidacy, must be filed no later than 5:00 p.m., on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, in the office of the school district clerk.
If a primary is necessary, the primary will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
Acceptable Photo ID will be required to vote at this election. If you do not have a photo ID you may obtain a free ID for voting from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Megan K. Heinzelman
- Kate Barikmo
- Sergey V. Babakhanov
- Wendy L. Francour
Each of the following forms must be completed and filed on time by a candidate for School District office in order for the candidate’s name to be placed on the ballot at the February 21, 2023 Spring Primary (if necessary) and the April 4, 2023 Spring Election. The filing officer for School District offices is the School District Clerk. Candidates should contact their filing officer for further information or to obtain any of the necessary forms.
All School District Candidates must:
- Complete and Submit a Campaign Registration Statement (Form CF-1) to the filing officer prior to raising or spending any funds, and no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, or the candidate’s name will not be placed on the ballot. If the form is faxed or emailed, the original document must follow postmarked no later than January 3, 2023. Wis. Stat. §§ 8.10(5), 8.21, 8.30(4), 120.06(6)(b), Wis. Admin. Code EL § 6.04.
- File a campaign registration statement before campaign funds are collected or spent or before submitting nomination papers. Wis. Stat. §§ 11.0202(1)(a), 11.0101(1).
- Amend your current registration, including the office sought and the new election and primary dates. Wis. Stat. §§ 11.0202 (1)(a), 11.0101(1).
- Complete and Submit a Declaration of Candidacy (Form EL-162sd) to the filing officer no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 or the candidate’s name will not be placed on the ballot. If the form is faxed or emailed, the original document must follow, postmarked no later than January 3, 2023. Wis. Stat. §§ 8.10(5), 8.21, 8.30(4), Wis. Admin. Code EL § 6.04.
- Campaign Finance Checklist
- Campaign Finance Overview - Local Candidate Committees as published by the Ethics Commission.
- Wisconsin Association of School Board’s Guide for Candidates booklet.
- Serving Your Community as a School Board Member informational booklet.
Note: The forms prescribed by the Wisconsin Ethics Commission for the making of reports and statements under the campaign finance laws are available on the commissions website (https://ethics.wi.gov/forms and http://elections.wi.gov/forms).
|Friday, December 23, 2022||
5 p.m. deadline for incumbents to file Notification of Non-Candidacy to District Filing Officer
|Tuesday, January 3, 2023||5 p.m. deadline for candidates to submit Declaration of Candidacy and Campaign Finance Statement to District Filing Officer
|Tuesday, February 21, 2023||Primary Election (if necessary)|
|Tuesday, April 4, 2023||Spring Election Day|