The districtwide budget development process is collaborative, involving many stakeholders. The process, led by the executive director of business services, includes the collaboration of school personnel, the superintendent and the school board.
The budget reflects the labor, materials and resources required to fulfill our strategic goals and objectives. The budget serves as an operational plan, stated in financial terms, for carrying out the mission of the school district.
- Why does the school district face an annual budget shortfall?
- Does the school district have the right to increase the tax levy beyond the state-imposed revenue limit?
- If enrollment declines, don't costs decrease as well?
- Can the school district increase student fees to cover the annual deficit?
- Could the school district use fund reserves to balance the budget?