Family Survey Results
The Mequon-Thiensville School District has released results from its most recent September 2023 Family Survey. This survey was designed to gain feedback from parents and guardians through the first month of the 2023-2024 school year. Topics of focus included: Family experiences around summer communications and the registration/enrollment process, food service, 4K Wrap Care, new family-specific questions, elementary/middle/high school transitions, transportation concerns, family net promoter score, and support/additional resources needed to achieve success this school year. The anonymous responses will inform our continued planning as the 2023-2024 school year proceeds. We are grateful to all families who took the time to respond to the survey and share feedback.
- Total responses recorded: 444 (representing approximately 27% of total MTSD households)
- 93% of respondents reported that their student/s felt prepared and welcome in advance of the start of the school year.
- 92% of respondents agree that the online registration process was clearly communicated.
- 79% of respondents agree that information about back-to-school information and procedures were clearly communicated.
- 95% of respondents agree that their student/s feel safe at school.
- 86% of respondents who use bus transportation feel that it is reliable and 90% feel that it is safe.
- 93% of families brand new to MTSD agree that the District's quality and reputation was a strong determining factor in choosing to enroll their child/ren at MTSD.
- 84% of families with a student transitioning into a new building (ie. 5th into 6th grade, 8th into 9th grade) felt the orientation process helped ease the transition.