Alternative Transportation Request Form
Along with home-to-school and school-to-home services, the Mequon-Thiensville School District offers additional transportation options to provide flexibility to our families. Students may be picked up and/or delivered to a point other than their home designated bus stop if the criteria listed below are met:
- An Alternative Transportation Request Form must be submitted. This form is required annually or anytime service other than home to school is desired or changed. Forms should be submitted directly to your child’s school office.
- The alternate service requested must be within the student’s school attendance area and space must be available on the alternate route. A list of community day care facilities served by the bus routes of each elementary school is also provided on the form.
- A regular pattern of delivery is required each week. A regular pattern of delivery is defined as a schedule which remains the same each week.
- In order to stabilize regular routes, we will not accept any alternate requests for the 2018-19 school year between August 13, 2018 and September 5, 2018.
- During the school year, a minimum of three working days’ notice from the date the form is received in the school office is required before the alternate service can begin.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation as we make every effort to provide a safe, and efficient transportation program.