Here Comes the Bus
We are excited to roll out an innovative mobile device app and website called Here Comes the Bus!
Here Comes the Bus allows your family to view the real-time location of your child’s school bus on a smartphone, tablet, or computer, using the GPS technologies with which each school bus is equipped.
Here Comes the Bus enables families to:
- See the location of your child’s bus both before and after school
- Confirm that your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop, at school or both
- Receive a push notification (text) or email message when the bus is near your stop, has been substituted, or when we have important information to relay
To sign up or to learn more about Here Comes the Bus, click here for desktop, or download the app to your device through the App Store or Google Play. Be sure to check out the directions below in order to personalize the app for your child's bus and your preferred notifications.
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app on the App Store or Google Play, or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the Sign Up button
- Enter school code 29003 and click Next followed by Confirm
- Complete the User Profile box
- Under My Students, click Add. Enter your child’s last name and student ID number which can be found in your Infinite Campus portal account.
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to set your notification preferences.
Once you have added your child, you can set up your notifications by selecting the Notifications tab.
First, set your notification radius. A notification radius is a circular region around your student’s bus stop. When the bus enters this area, you will be notified via email and/or push notification, depending on the preferences you select. The default radius is set at ¼ mile.
To change your notification radius (Complete for AM and PM):
- Under notifications, select edit radius.
- To make the radius bigger or smaller, click and drag the slider at the top of the map.
Note: Be careful not to make the radius too large, to avoid too early of a notification. Also, try to avoid large streets if possible, in case the bus traverses that path earlier in its route as well. It is best to keep the radius in your neighborhood.
To change your notification rules, including adding methods of contacts, follow these steps. It is recommended that this is done on a desktop instead of the app interface.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Click the Edit Contacts tab. (Contact options for both your email address and mobile device will appear if you have downloaded the Here Comes the Bus app to receive push notifications.)
- For the AM and PM stops, you will have Arrives and Leaves options.
- Keep Arrives selected to receive alerts when the bus is arriving at your student’s stop.
- To also be notified when the bus is leaving the stop, select the Leaves checkboxes.
- If you don’t want to be alerted if there is a substitute bus, uncheck that enabled box.