We are excited to welcome students back for On Campus Learning with practical measures in place to mitigate the spread of disease.
Self-Monitoring & Building Access
- Employees and families will be expected to self-monitor temperatures and other COVID-19 symptoms daily with the expectation that no one will report to school if any symptoms are present.
- Visitors, including parents and guardians, will not be allowed in offices, classrooms, or other school premises.
- Students will have assigned seats in classrooms.
- Desks and tables will be spaced to accommodate as much physical distance as possible; class sizes will stay the same.
- To every extent possible, hallways will be designated for single direction traffic with directional visuals.
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
- In addition to sinks that already exist in some classrooms, each classroom will be equipped with antimicrobial hand sanitizer.
- Frequent hand washing routines will be established.
- Sanitation will take place between uses for all shared equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Clear dividers will be placed in classroom and office areas where physical distancing is not possible.
- Employees and students will be required to wear a face covering at all times. (Exceptions will be made for some students.) MTSD will provide students with two reusable cloth masks upon request.
- Face coverings are required to be worn by student and staff.
Air & Surface Mitigation
- High touch areas, including desks, light switches, and door handles will be sanitized nightly.
- Facilities will comply with CDC filtration recommendations for HVAC to increase fresh air intake and UV light technologies for decontamination processes.
- Bus capacity will be limited to 46 students to maximize physical distancing.
- Students will be required to wear face coverings on buses.
- Seats will be assigned prior to the start of the school year. Students will not be allowed to ride buses other than their assigned route.
- Food service will be available for breakfast and lunch.
- Meal pickup is available for distance learning students.
- Breakfast will be served via carts offering grab and go options. When necessary, breakfast may be served in classrooms.
- During lunch periods, if all seats cannot face the same direction or if physical distancing is not possible, clear dividers will be used to create barriers between students.
- If necessary, additional spaces throughout the building may be used for meal time to allow for increased physical distancing.
- Students will wash or sanitize their hands before and after meals.
- All school meals are available free of charge for all students through June 30, 2021.