Responsible Return Survey Results
The Mequon-Thiensville School District has released results from its Responsible Return to School parent and guardian survey.Parent and guardian feedback and input continue to be important. We asked parents and guardians to help us best prepare for the coming school year by completing a brief survey. The anonymous responses will guide our planning for a responsible return to school following our extended school closure.
Parents and guardians were surveyed on a number of topics including how comfortable they would feel sending their child back to school for in-person leaning in fall, and what health guidelines were most important. The survey also asked for feedback on distance learning during the school closure in spring 2020.
- The survey was open from June 22-29, 2020. There will be other opportunities to provide feedback throughout the summer.
- 2,787 responses were submitted, representing feedback from six schools and across grade level bands.
- 70 percent of respondents indicated they would be comfortable sending their child back to school if reasonable precautions were put in place, or they indicated they did not have strong concerns about sending their child back to school.
- The health guidelines that participants ranked highest included daily temperature screenings and face mask requirements. In the thoughts shared in open-ended text fields, however, opinions on face masks varied widely with strong expressions of opinion on both sides.
- I am completing this survey as the parent or guardian of:
- My child attends:
- Which situation best describes your household? Select all that apply.
- During the spring school closure due to COVID-19, what was the highlight of your experience with MTSD?
- During the spring school closure due to COVID-19, what was the most disappointing aspect of your experience with MTSD?
- When school buildings physically reopen, how comfortable will you be sending your child or children back to school?
- What health guideline is the most important to you? Prioritize the health guidelines by dragging each component into your preferred order, where 1 is most important to you and 6 is least important to you.
- Will your child or children be likely to utilize bus transportation?
- What is the most important aspect of distance learning for you? Prioritize the aspects of distance learning by dragging each component into your preferred order, where 1 is most important to you and 5 is least important to you.
- What is your biggest concern about distance learning?
- Does your child need additional social and emotional support from our student services team during the school year to be able to access their instruction?
- If MTSD offered social and emotional wellness webinars for parents and families, how likely would you be to attend or watch a session recording?