ESSER III Funding Plan
On March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plans (ARP) Act was signed into law. In it, the U.S. Department of Education is providing an additional $121.9 billion for the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER III Fund). This legislation will award grants to state educational agencies (SEAs) for providing local educational agencies (LEAs) with emergency relief funds to address the impact that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, on elementary and secondary schools across the nation.
District Guaranteed Allocation: $606,197
Estimated Discretionary Allocation: $2,130,427
- Funds may be used to support our response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Funds are intended to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on our students
This page contains all the components of the Mequon-Thiensville School District's ESSER III Funding Plan and information on how the MTSD is providing safe and effective in-person instruction and continuity of services for all.
Gathering stakeholder feedback is an important part of our ESSER III planning process. Please use the form below to share any questions, comments, or concerns you may have about MTSD's ESSER III and Use of Funds Plan.
What has happened to date?
- Board of Education approved 21-24 Strategic Plan in March 2021
- 21-24 Strategic Plan communicated to staff and families in the April 2021 Momentum newsletter
- Administration received Board review of Academic Recovery Plan and Board approval of COVID-19 Mitigation Levels in August 2021
- Developed, reviewed and shared Academic Recovery Plan and MTSD Operating Plan with stakeholders via newsletter and on district website in August 2021
- Sent September Family Survey to families and shared feedback results via district newsletter and on district website
- Academic Recovery Plan tactics are currently underway and resulting data is being monitored
What’s coming next?
- Adjustments to the Operating Plan will continue to be assessed and communicated as needed as procedures may change due to updated health department guidance
- Updates to the Academic Recovery Plan and Scorecard will be communicated at the end of Trimester 1
Executive Director of Business Services