MTSD On-Site COVID-19 Testing
We are pleased to announce that voluntary on-site COVID-19 testing, facilitated in partnership with Summit Clinical Labs, is now available for all MTSD students, staff members, and their families, ages 1 and over. The type of test given will be highly accurate, laboratory-based PCR, and no appointment is necessary. Face coverings are required to be worn by anyone being tested at the site.
The testing site is located on the northern side of Homestead High School at 5000 W. Mequon Road.
Designated parking is available directly in front of the location. Individuals should ring a doorbell at Door 17 (located west of #20 on this map) and be greeted by an attendant.
Testing hours are:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Who may use the testing site?
COVID-19 testing is available for all MTSD students, staff members, and families of students and staff members.
How are COVID-19 test results received?
PCR test results will typically be received in 24-48 hours. Results will be communicated via Summit Labs and the Department of Health Services. Families/staff will be emailed (text available) a secure link from the Department of Health Services (DHS) to view and print results.
Steps for getting a COVID-19 test at MTSD:
- Pre-register each individual getting tested using this link: http://register.covidconnect.wi.gov/. Click on “Take the screening questionnaire." Following the prompts and at the end click on, “I’m being tested at a non-public site." You will receive a QR code that will be scanned at the testing location.
- Complete a consent form (required for students under 18 years of age) and bring it to the testing site. A consent form only needs to be submitted once during the school year and is valid until June of 2022.
- Park in the empty bus lanes near Door 17. Ring the doorbell and wait for an attendant to let you in.
- Turn in the consent form to the testing attendant. If you do not have a consent form printed and signed, you will be asked to fill out the form on site.
- An attendant will collect testing samples by swabbing the inside of the nasal cavity of the individual.
- Why did MTSD decide to provide on-site testing?
- Is there a cost associated with getting a COVID-19 test?
- Why would/should I get tested?
- What happens if I receive a positive test result?
- Will my child be recommended for a COVID-19 test if they get sick at school?
- Do I need to fill out a new consent form every time my child is tested?
- What is a PCR test?
If you have additional questions, please contact the District Nurse or health aide at your child’s school.
- Jess Jost, RN, District Nurse - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Gustafson, Health Aide - email@example.com
- Deena Nett, Health Aide - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kira Testin, Health Aide - email@example.com
You may also reach out to Rachel Lemanczyk, Executive Director of Student Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org