The MTSD Academic Recovery Plan
The Mequon-Thiensville School District recognizes the interruptions in learning that many students faced during the 2020-2021 school year, and an increased need to support social and emotional well-being moving forward. We have prioritized the implementation of a swift and effective response that demonstrates our commitment to accelerating learning for all students. The MTSD has developed a comprehensive and actionable plan that directly addresses unfinished learning experienced by our students.
Goal of the MTSD Academic Recovery Plan
By the end of the 2022-2023 school year, Mequon-Thiensville School District students will meet or exceed the Milestone percentages as attained in the 2018-19 school year.
The 2021-2022 Academic Recovery Plan is:
- Aligned with the goals and objectives outlined in the 2021-2024 MTSD Strategic Plan, specific to:
- Goal 1: Academic Achievement and Growth for Each Student
- Goal 2: Students' Future Success
- Goal 3: Student Belonging and Well-Being
- Organized according to the District’s Milestones for Post-Secondary Success, which are measurable outcomes that allow us to monitor student progress in preparing for college and career success after high school. Our goal is that when students graduate from high school, they have the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in post-secondary education. Each Milestone is rigorous, encouraging our students to develop higher-level thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Directed by our Guiding Principles specific to:
- Education must address every facet of a child's being
- Each student is valued, will learn and will experience personal success
- Staff is our most valuable asset in achieving our mission and vision
- Seeking innovation and working to constantly improve all practices increases the value of our organization for all stakeholders.
- Research, assessment and measurement must inform decision-making and accountability.
Strategic Objective C - Enrich professional collaboration practices to accelerate students’ learning as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Provide each student with the information, opportunities, and skills needed to understand and access pathways toward their future career aspirations.
Strategic Objective D: Respond with urgency, flexibility, and compassion to the individual social and emotional needs of students as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This plan will continue to evolve as we gather information and new data. An update on progress is expected to be shared with families at each trimester.