MTSD On-Site COVID-19 Testing
Voluntary on-site COVID-19 testing, facilitated in partnership with Summit Clinical Labs, is available for all MTSD students and staff members. No appointment is necessary. Face coverings are required to be worn by anyone being tested at the site.
2022-2023 School Year Testing Hours are:
Monday - Friday
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Who may use the testing site?
COVID-19 testing is available for all MTSD students & staff members. Please note: Due to a change in state guidelines, testing is no longer available for family members of students or staff members.
How are COVID-19 test results received?
Rapid antigen test results will be received within 15-45 minutes. PCR test results will typically be received in 24-48 hours. Results will be communicated via Summit Labs and the Department of Health Services. Families/staff will be emailed (text available) a secure link from the Department of Health Services (DHS) to view and print results.
Steps for getting a COVID-19 test at MTSD:
- Pre-register each individual getting tested using this link: http://register.covidconnect.wi.gov/. Click on “Take the screening questionnaire." Following the prompts and at the end click on, “I’m being tested at a non-public site." You will receive a QR code that will be scanned at the testing location.
- Complete a consent form (required for students under 18 years of age) and bring it to the testing site.
- Park in the empty bus lanes near Door 19. Ring the doorbell and wait for an attendant to let you in.
- Turn in the consent form to the testing attendant. If you do not have a consent form printed and signed, you will be asked to fill out the form on site.
- An attendant will collect testing samples by swabbing the inside of the nasal cavity of the individual.
- Why did MTSD decide to provide on-site testing?
- Is there a cost associated with getting a COVID-19 test?
- Why would/should I get tested?
- What happens if I receive a positive test result?
- Will my child be recommended for a COVID-19 test if they get sick at school?
- Do I need to fill out a new consent form every time my child is tested?
If you have additional questions, please contact the District Nurse or health aide at your child’s school.