Frequently Asked Questions
The nuances of public school finance and budgeting can be complex and difficult to understand. In an effort to address common questions and concerns, we have compiled the frequently asked questions and answers below. If you have a question or concern that is not addressed on this page, please contact the MTSD District Office at 262-238-8500 or email email@example.com and a District administrator will respond to your inquiry promptly.
- Q: Public school districts were awarded $1 billion as part of the state’s biennial budget in July 2023. Why does MTSD still need more money?
- Q: What work has the District done to date to address its financial challenges?
- Q: MTSD just passed a referendum in 2020. Why is the District even considering the possibility of another referendum already?
- Q: What process did the Board of Education engage in order to address the budget challenge? What other solutions were considered?
- Q: How were the 2023 Community Task Force members chosen?
- Q: MTSD has never asked the community to vote on an operating referendum before. Why is that an option being considered now?
- Q: How would MTSD use the funding secured by a successful operating referendum?
- Q: What would happen if no action is taken to address MTSD's budget crisis and increased revenue is not generated?
- Q: What is “Zero-Based Budgeting” and what impact will this have on MTSD’s finances?
- Q: What would the tax impact of an operating referendum be?
- Q: Have any area school districts recently passed an operating referendum?
- Q: Would a potential operating referendum be recurring, or one year only?
- 10/23/23 - Emailed Communication to MTSD Families & Staff Members
- 10/23/23 - News Release Shared with Ozaukee News Graphic
- 10/26/23 - News Graphic article, "M-T School District Brings Back Community Task Force"
- 10/26/23 - Update to MTSD Families in October Momentum Family Newsletter
- 11/06/23 - Postcard Mailer to M-T Community
Questions about the 2023 Community Task Force or MTSD Budget Process?
Contact the District office on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. by calling 262-238-8500 or email us any time at: firstname.lastname@example.org