DPI School Report Cards
We are pleased to announce that the Mequon-Thiensville School District Significantly Exceeds Expectations on the 2016-17 School Report Cards issued in November 2017 by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, or DPI.
Through its School and District Report Card program, DPI rates the performance of all of the state’s publicly funded schools and districts. The accountability report cards are intended to help schools and districts use performance data to target improvement efforts that ensure students are ready for their next educational step – including the next grade level, graduation, college, and careers.
DPI releases report cards for both school districts and schools. In creating its District and School Report Cards, DPI looks at four priority areas including Student Achievement, Student Growth, Closing Gaps, and On-track to Graduation and Postsecondary Success. All six MTSD schools received overall accountability ratings of 75.7 or greater, meaning all district schools Exceed Expectations or Significantly Exceed Expectations, according to the DPI. It is important to note that the 0 to 100 index score is not a measure of “percent correct” and should not be compared to a percentage grading scale.
Highlights of MTSD’s District Report Card include the following:
- MTSD ranks 10th overall in the state placing it among the top 2% of public school districts in the state. The district has ranked among the top 10 public school districts in the state serving students in 4K-12 all four years the DPI has released accountability reports.
- The category “Student Achievement” measures the level of knowledge and skills among students in the school, compared to state and national standards. MTSD ranks 5th in the state in Student Achievement. Among districts serving more than 3,500 students, MTSD ranks 3rd in the category.
- The category “On-track and Postsecondary Readiness” measures the success of students in the school in achieving educational milestones that predict postsecondary success. MTSD ranks 9th in the state, and 2nd among students serving more than 3,500 students.
2016-2017 District and School Report Cards
- District Report Card
- Donges Bay Elementary School
- Oriole Lane Elementary School
- Wilson Elementary School
- Lake Shore Middle School
- Steffen Middle School
- Homestead High School
More detailed information regarding School and District Report Cards can be found on the Department of Public Instruction's website.