Elementary School Boundary Adjustment FAQs
See below for a list of frequently asked questions about the forthcoming elementary school boundary adjustments.
- Why is it necessary for MTSD to adjust the elementary school attendance boundaries?
- Which external facilitators are the district using to to engage in this work?
- What is the process for selecting the task force members?
- What are some considerations that may be discussed as the task force begins its work?
- What additional costs, beyond those related to transportation, might be involved for any enrollment adjustments made as part of this process?
- How are increased traffic patterns due to increased enrollment factored into this adjustment?
- There are currently some inconsistencies in class sizes among schools. Will these inconsistencies remain moving forward?
- If enrollment is projected to increase at our elementary schools over time, why are we still offering Open Enrollment seats?
- In regards to transportation, could route times be shortened by consolidating bus stops? (Ex. Cul-de-sac pickup at one location instead of house-to-house pick-up.)
- Will there be an option for families to be grandfathered into staying at their current school?
- Is Open Enrollment an option for families who wish to stay at Wilson?
- What assumptions are used for desired class size (student/teacher ratios) per level?
- How does the addition of 4K wraparound service beyond Range Line impact projections?