School Nutrition & Menus
The Mequon-Thiensville School District partners with Aramark Services, Inc., to offer a variety of healthy and tasty meal options daily. We are fortunate to have a dietician on staff to ensure that our school meals are balanced, healthy meals that meet federal nutrition standards:
- No more than 30 percent of calories can come from fat and less than 10 percent from saturated fat.
- Meals must provide one-third of Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium.
- School meals are served in age-appropriate portion sizes.
- Foods are baked, never fried.
- Items like rolls or sandwich bread are made with whole-grain
Students may also bring a bag lunch to school.