School Nutrition & Menus
The Mequon-Thiensville School District partners with Aramark Services, Inc., to offer a variety of healthy and tasty meal options daily. We are fortunate to have a dietician on staff to ensure that our school meals are balanced, healthy meals that meet federal nutrition standards:
- No more than 30 percent of calories can come from fat and less than 10 percent from saturated fat.
- Meals must provide one-third of Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium.
- School meals are served in age-appropriate portion sizes.
- Foods are baked, never fried.
- Items like rolls or sandwich bread are made with whole-grain
Students may also bring a bag lunch to school.
- What are meal prices?
- How can I add funds to my child's account?
- How can I apply for free or reduced lunch?
- Are there expenses or revenues from the food service program?
Students use an online lunch accounting system to purchase breakfast or lunch. To make deposits to a student account, parents may place a check with the Student ID number on the envelope and send to the school office by 9 am, or pay online to the student's account at myschoolbucks.com.
All children need healthy meals in order to learn. Please see the application packet to determine if your family is eligible for participation in the free and reduced lunch program.Free and Reduced Lunch Application Packet