Success starts with regular attendance. Regular attendance fosters a sense of routine, discipline, and commitment in students, laying a solid foundation for their overall development. Attending classes consistently ensures that your child can actively participate in discussions, engage with peers, and benefit from the enriching learning experiences we offer.
At MTSD, we have developed our attendance policy and procedures to follow Wisconsin State Law and to prioritize regular attendance.
- What is the process for reporting absences?
- What absences are considered excused?
- What is the difference between an EXCUSED and EXEMPT absence?
- My child just has a slight fever and will be back to school in a few days. Do I need to provide a doctor's note every time my child is home sick?
- When is a child considered "Chronically Absent"?
- When is a child considered "Habitually Truant"?
- What is notification of truancy?
- What is notification of habitual truancy?
- How will attendance affect my child's open enrollment status?