Per Bylaws, the purpose of MTSD Area Council is to:
- Provide a vehicle for promoting constructive partnerships among and between parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community organizations.
- Enrich, maintain and sustain the education of the children of the MTSD.
- Advocate for the continued improvement of MTSD through curricular, financial, physical and other needed improvements.
- Promote high standards of educational excellence in MTSD.
- Unify and strengthen member PTSO/PTOs.
- Provide for the conference and cooperation of the member PTSO/PTOs in order to create public opinion favorable to the interests of children.
- Encourage programs and projects in the member PTSO/PTOs which carry out the mission and purposes of AC.
MTSD AREA COUNCIL (2017-18)
The MTSD Area Council provides opportunities for the exchange of ideas at 9:15 a.m. in the District Office Egelhoff Room on the following 2017-18 dates:
• September 6
• October 4
• November 1
• December 6
• January 3
• February 7
• March 7
• April 11
• May 2
• June 6
MTSD AREA COUNCIL BOARD 2017-18
|President: Deborah Apelemail@example.com|
|Vice President: Sarah Timmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Advisor: Susie Auchteremail@example.com|
|Recording Secretary: Roberta Sutliffefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer: Melissa Bleidornemail@example.com|
If you are not part of Area Council and wish to attend a meeting, please contact Deborah Apel prior to the meeting date.
Members of Area Council include representatives from each PTSO/PTO with contributors from the MTSD Board of Education, MTSD Administrative Team, HHS Booster Club, Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation (MTEF), M-T Orchestra Parents and VOICES.