Per bylaws, the purpose of area council is to:
- Provide a vehicle for promoting constructive partnerships among and between parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community organizations.
- Enrich, maintain and sustain the education of the children of the MTSD.
- Advocate for the continued improvement of MTSD through curricular, financial, physical and other needed improvements.
- Promote high standards of educational excellence in MTSD.
- Unify and strengthen member PTSO/PTOs.
- Provide for the conference and cooperation of the member PTSO/PTOs in order to create public opinion favorable to the interests of children.
- Encourage programs and projects in the member PTSO/PTOs which carry out the mission and purposes of AC.
MTSD AREA COUNCIL BOARD 2018-19
|President: Sarah Timmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice President: Becky Wudyemail@example.com|
|Recording Secretary: Roberta Sutliffefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer: Melissa Bleidornemail@example.com|
|Community Relations: Nadia Petersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If you are not part of Area Council and wish to attend a meeting, please contact Deborah Apel prior to the meeting date.
Members of Area Council include representatives from each PTSO/PTO with contributors from the MTSD Board of Education, MTSD Administrative Team, HHS Booster Club, Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation (MTEF), M-T Orchestra Parents and VOICES.