Our partners are independent, non-profit organizations that exist in sole support of MTSD, providing programs, services, fundraising activities, and more in support of MTSD students and families.
The mission of the MTEF is to develop community-wide private financial support for the Mequon-Thiensville School District and, through grants, to help continued excellence in education.
Mequon-Thiensville Education Foundation
Area Council is comprised of leaders of MTSD community partners. The group meets monthly in order to:
- Provide a vehicle for promoting constructive partnerships among and between parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community organizations.
- Enrich, maintain and sustain the education of the children of the MTSD.
- Advocate for the continued improvement of MTSD through curricular, financial, physical and other improvements.
- Promote high standards of educational excellence in MTSD.
- Unify and strengthen member PTSO/PTOs.
- Provide for the conference and cooperation of the member PTSO/PTOs in order to create public opinion favorable to the interests of children.
- Encourage programs and projects in the member PTSO/PTOs which carry out the mission and purposes of Area Council.
VOICES is a collaborative group of MTSD parents and staff that provides support & information to our district families. The group's focus encompasses not only special education students, but all students, because all students face challenges at times. We hold lecture programs called Parent Chats, monthly meetings, and evening parent socials. We foster communication between MTSD staff & families. We share information about resources to help families and staff support students. Our name, VOICES, stands for Voices Offering Inspiration for all Children's Educational Support.
The Homestead High School Booster Club raises funds through a wide variety of activities including booster club membership, concessions, spirit wear sales, and events. All money earned is used to directly support athletics. The club consists of dedicated and energetic parents, teachers, coaches, and alumni who collectively raise money for the club via their membership. Many of these individuals also help by coordinating concessions and spirit wear, managing scholarships, planning fun activities for members, and more.
Our school community benefits from active and engaged parent/teacher and parent/teacher/student organizations in our schools.