What is the Wilson PTO?
The Wilson Parent Teachers Organization, or PTO, is made up of parents, guardians and staff at Wilson School; membership is open to all. Our mission is to enrich the educational experience of children and their families
- Membership cost is small, but the funds can go a LONG way to help our children.
- It is a great way to learn more about our school, our staff, and our District.
- Your kids see first-hand the value you place on education and community.
- Less state aid means schools are more dependent on other methods of funding.
What are the Goals of the PTO?
- To raise funds through membership and fundraising events to support the Classroom Enrichment and Mini-Grant programs that provide Wilson staff with funds to purchase items such as technology, books, equipment, materials and supplies not covered in the MTSD budget.
- To strengthen the Wilson school community by coordinating enriching student programs and family events throughout the school year such as, the K’s and New Family Ice Cream Social, Donuts with Dad, Scholastic Book Fairs, International Day, the Art Presenter Program, Trunk or Treat, Movie Nights, Junior Achievement, Wilson Open House Dinner, Family Fun Fair, Muffins with Mom, Staff Appreciation Week, 5th Grade Celebration Week and much more.
- To show appreciation for Wilson teachers and staff members.
- To help support Wilson students in their social and emotional growth and encourage self-confidence, school pride and teamwork skills.
- To provide assistance in caring for the school building, classrooms and learning spaces and the school grounds.
Do I Have to Attend PTO Meetings or Volunteer?
- No to both! Your level of participation is totally up to you!
- We do not contact PTO members directly to solicit volunteers.
- Being a member of the PTO and paying the yearly membership fee simply means you are investing in Wilson and your children.
Where does the $ go?
- Directly to our school, the classrooms and our kids!
- Here is just a snapshot of WHERE the $ goes:
Read for Real Nonfiction Reading Materials
Reading Materials – Grade Level Enhancements
Battle of the Books Registration
Field Trips and Transportation
School Beautification (Nature Nook & Flowers)
Books (IMC & Grade Level)
Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy System
Celebration Items & Assembly
iPads & Carrying Cases
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
Chromebooks (30), Licenses & Cart
Learning Clocks & Counting Materials
Staff Appreciation Week
Classroom Bulletin Boards
Music – Risers & Ukuleles
Orchestra – Speakers
Teacher Conference Meals
Teachers’ Lounge Furniture
RAZ Kids Licenses
Ultimate Audio Sound System