Nutrition & Menus
The Mequon-Thiensville School District provides a variety of healthy and tasty meal options daily in partnership with its food service provider, Aramark. Our shared goal is to provide students with a well-balanced meal that also appeals to their tastes, while meeting the guidelines of the USDA's National School Lunch Program.
What’s on the Plate? For more detail, click here.
Designed to ensure students receive an appealing, balanced meal consisting of foods from all major food groups, the USDA’s standards focus on obtaining calories and other key nutrients from fruits, vegetables, lean protein foods, grains, and milk with proper serving sizes for a student’s age and activity level.
Some of the highlights of our food service program include:
- No more than 30 percent of calories can come from fat and less than 10 percent from saturated fat.
- Meals must provide one-third of Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium. School meals are served in age-appropriate portion sizes.
- Foods are baked, never fried.
- Items like rolls or sandwich bread are made with whole-grain
- Is my child required to participate in the school lunch program?
- The menu choices didn't sound healthy to me. Are they?
- What are meal prices?
- How can I add funds to my child's account?
- How can I apply for free or reduced lunch?
- Are there expenses or revenues from the food service program?
- Can I transfer my recent graduate's funds to a sibling or be reimbursed?
Aramark's chefs and dieticians strive to create appealing dishes that are also within the rigorous guidelines of the National School Lunch Program. If you have questions about what is being served, please feel free to contact Aramark!
Food Service Director
Students use an online lunch accounting system to purchase breakfast or lunch. To make deposits to a student account, parents may place a check with the Student ID number on the envelope and send to the school office by 9 am, or pay online to the student's account at myschoolbucks.com.
All children need healthy meals in order to learn. Please see the application packet to determine if your family is eligible for participation in the free and reduced lunch program.Free and Reduced Lunch Application Packet
WE DRAW FROM A DATABASE OF AGE-APPROPRIATE RECIPES DEVELOPED BY DIETITIANS AND CHEFS AND TESTED WITH OUR STUDENTS.
Aramark is committed to improving the health and academic potential of students.
Translating National School Lunch and Breakfast Program standards into meals that students (and parents) will love.
Nutrition education programs designed to encourage development of healthy lifestyle habits and communicate the basics of good nutrition.
The latest news and information about school meals. Look for our quarterly newsletter, on-the-go nutrition information, and wellness tips.