School Meals & Nutrition
Free & Reduced Meals
If you qualify for free or reduced cost lunch, you may complete and submit the form online by clicking the link below. Paper copies of the application are also available in each school office and the district office. If you plan to submit a printed copy, please do so at the Mequon-Thiensville School District office, located at 5000 W. Mequon Road. The free and reduced meal application can be submitted anytime during the school year. If you have questions about applying for free or reduced meals, please contact Cindy Leinfelder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-238-8506.
Online Free and Reduced Meal Application
Printable Free and Reduced Meal Application Form
Our Food Service Program
The Mequon-Thiensville School District provides a variety of healthy and tasty meal options daily in partnership with its food service provider, Aramark. Our shared goal is to provide students with a well-balanced meal that also appeals to their tastes, while meeting the guidelines of the USDA's National School Lunch Program.
What’s on the Plate? For more detail, click here.
Designed to ensure students receive an appealing, balanced meal consisting of foods from all major food groups, the USDA’s standards focus on obtaining calories and other key nutrients from fruits, vegetables, lean protein foods, grains, and milk with proper serving sizes for a student’s age and activity level.
Some of the highlights of our food service program include:
- No more than 30 percent of calories can come from fat and less than 10 percent from saturated fat.
- Meals must provide one-third of Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium. School meals are served in age-appropriate portion sizes.
- Foods are baked, never fried.
- Items like rolls or sandwich bread are made with whole-grains.
Read more about Aramark's Wellness Pledge and Nutritional Standards
- Is my child required to participate in the school lunch program?
- My child has a food allergy. Can they still participate in the school lunch program?
- The menu choices didn't sound healthy to me. Are they?
- What are meal prices?
- How can I add funds to my child's account?
- How can I apply for free or reduced lunch?
- Are there expenses or revenues from the food service program?
- Can I transfer my recent graduate's funds to a sibling or be reimbursed?
- What is Nutrislice?
Is my child required to participate in the school lunch program?
My child has a food allergy. Can they still participate in the school lunch program?
The menu choices didn't sound healthy to me. Are they?
What are meal prices?
How can I add funds to my child's account?
How can I apply for free or reduced lunch?
Are there expenses or revenues from the food service program?
Can I transfer my recent graduate's funds to a sibling or be reimbursed?
What is Nutrislice?
Secondary School Cafeteria Layouts
Please note: There is a $2.75 convenience fee associated with using the recurring auto-payment feature in My School Bucks.
WE DRAW FROM A DATABASE OF AGE-APPROPRIATE RECIPES DEVELOPED BY DIETITIANS AND CHEFS AND TESTED WITH OUR STUDENTS.
Aramark is committed to improving the health and academic potential of students.
Translating National School Lunch and Breakfast Program standards into meals that students (and parents) will love.
Nutrition education programs designed to encourage development of healthy lifestyle habits and communicate the basics of good nutrition.
The latest news and information about school meals. Look for our quarterly newsletter, on-the-go nutrition information, and wellness tips.