4K Wrap Care
New for the 2022-2023 school year, the Mequon-Thiensville Recreation Department is pleased to offer on-site 4K Wrap Care for our families with children enrolled in four-year-old kindergarten at Donges Bay, Oriole Lane, and Wilson Elementary schools. The program will be offered from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., with AM and PM sessions available.
Location: Wraparound care will be available at all three of our elementary school sites - Donges Bay, Oriole Lane, and Wilson.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. If additional care is needed before school (6:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) or after school (4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.), please visit our MTSD Recreation Department website for Kids' Campus registration information.
Pricing: $40 per day, with a minimum requirement of two consistent days per week. There is also a $25 registration fee and a registration form required per each 4K student enrolled.
How to Enroll: Formal enrollment for 4K Wrap Care will occur in May. Subsequent registration will then occur week by week by the Wednesday prior to the week of care needed. There is a maximum enrollment limit of 20 children per session (AM and PM).
Why 4K Wrap Care?
The implementation of a 4K wraparound program further prepares MTSD to act on transitioning to a full-day 4K program should the state shift to funding such an endeavor. Included in the last to state biennial budget recommendations were requests from WI DPI to modify current law to allow school districts to count 4K students enrolled in a full-day, five days/week program as 1.0 FTE in the pupil counts that are the basis of school districts’ general aid membership and revenue limit membership, and the basis of state payments to private parental choice schools and independent charter schools. Current law permits 4K students to be counted as either 0.50 FTE or 0.60 FTE (if additional hours of outreach are provided), regardless of whether the 4K program is operated as a part-day or a full-day program.
- What sort of programming and activities will be offered for the 4K students during wraparound sessions?
- Who will be providing supervision and care during 4K wraparound sessions?
- What is the benefit to families for offering 4K wraparound care?
- What is the benefit to the school district for offering 4K wraparound care?
- What does the MTSD Recreation Department’s 4K wraparound care program cost resident taxpayers?
- Is the 4K Wrap Care program a licensed program?
- If my student has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), can they still attend 4K Wrap Care?