- Rules: Girls and Boys 1st Grade Division
- Rules: Girls and Boys Grades 2-3 & 4-6 Divisions
- Map of Courts
- Picture Day Schedule
- Team Schedules
- Practice Dates (For Grades 4-6 Teams ONLY)
Boys & Girls 1st Grade Divisions
1. The game consists of two 20-minute halves running time. There will be one clock for the entire field house. All games will begin at the same time and end at approximately the same time. Each game will have a 2-minute halftime. There will be no overtimes.
2. At the beginning of practice, 25-minutes will be placed on the clock. When the clock counts down to zero, 20-minutes will be placed on the clock and the game will begin in approximately two-minutes.
3. No score is kept.
4. The Coaches dribble the ball up the court and make an entry pass into the offense. Coaches will also initiate an entry pass from the top of the key if the ball goes out of bounds and was last touched by the defense or defensive foul takes place.
5. If a shooter is fouled in the act of shooting, then the ball should be reset to the top of the key and start play again. There are no free throws.
6. Man to man, 1⁄2 court defense must be played at all times. Once the offensive player crosses half court, the defender must be within 3 feet of the person he/she is guarding. The defense may not double-team the ball on the perimeter. Neon colored stickers will be worn by each player to help determine who he/she is guarding. THERE WILL BE NO STEALING IN 1st GRADE THE ENTIRE SEASON.
7. It is the coaches’ responsibility to make sure all players get equal playing time. Substitutions are made every 4-minutes of each half unless there is an injury. It is the coaches, responsibility to watch the clock and make the substitutions. Substitutions will be made for each team at the same time and should be done quickly. This is not a time-out.
8. Coaches should make every attempt to distribute the ball equally.
9. A junior size ball (27.5) will be used. A ball rack of balls will be set out for practice. Please return the balls to the rack after practice. Keep one ball for the game ball. Make sure to return game balls to the rack after the game.
10. Games will played on 8’ 1⁄2” baskets.
11. There are no officials. The game is officiated by the coaches.
Boys & Girls 2-3 and 4-6 Grade Divisions
1. The game consists of two 20-minute running halves. The clock will stop for all free throws throughout the game, timeouts, and substitution periods. The clock will also stop on all whistles during the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half, if the point differential is 15 points or less. Each game will have a 2-minute halftime.
2. Each team is allowed 2 time-outs per half. The time-outs may not be carried over to the second half.
3. There will be NO overtime. If there is a tie after the second half, then the game is FINAL.
4. Man to man defense must be played at all times. Once the offensive player crosses half court, the defender must be within 3 feet of the person he/she is guarding. The defense may not double-team the ball. Help defense can be taught on screens, but then players should find their neon colored stickers to guard once both teammates are able to guard their appropriate color. Neon colored stickers will be worn by each player in the 2nd/3rd grade divisions to help determine who he/she is guarding. Coaches need to talk to each other before the game to decide which color should be worn for the strongest player (RED) and which color for the weakest player (ORANGE) on the court, so that they are guarding each other – Please be honest!! Switching of stickers by the players is NOT allowed.
5. There will be no stealing the ball from a player in 2/3 gr girls division for the entire season. 2/3 gr boys division will have no stealing the first 4 weeks of games and then a decision will be made for the last 4 weeks. Stealing a pass is allowed the entire season however. Stealing in the 4-6 gr girls and boys division is allowed all season.
6. There will be NO full court press at all throughout the game. 7. 5 fouls on a player and that player is out of the game. 7 team fouls per half is a 1-1 bonus free throw and 10+ team fouls per half is a 2 shot free throw.
8. The free throw line will be moved closer to the basket for the 2/3 Grade divisions (2 ft closer). In all leagues the free throw shooter must line up behind the free throw line, but after the ball is released the player’s momentum may carry him/her over the free throw line without penalty.
9. Jump Ball situations will always be awarded to the defense.
10. Coaches should make every attempt to allow all players to bring the ball up the court during a game at least once.
11. It is the coaches’ responsibility to make sure that all of the players get equal playing time. Substitutions are made every 5-minutes of each half unless there is an injury. The official will stop the clock for substitutions. Substitutions will be made quickly. This is not a time-out. A player cannot play more than two consecutive substitution periods. Each player must play in at least half the game. The score sheet will have eight squares to correspond with the eight substitution periods.
12. A women’s ball (28.5) is used for each division except girls Gr 2/3 uses a junior size (27.5).
13. Games will played on 9’ baskets for Girls & Boys 2/3 Grade divisions. Game will be played on 10’ baskets for Girls & Boys 4-6 Grade divisions.
14. A rack of balls will be set out for practice – 4-5 balls per team. Please return the balls to the rack after practice. Keep one ball for the game ball. Make sure to return game balls to the rack after the game.
15. Each team must provide an adult at the scorer’s table. One adult will run the scoreboard and the other will run the score sheet.
16. Any player or coach who repeatedly exhibits negative behavior will be dropped from the league.
17. No earrings are allowed – Must be taken out to participate.
Slammers Picture Day Schedule
|Team Name||Color||Grade||Head Coach||Picture Time|
|Michigan||Yellow||2-3 Girls||Josh Haase||11:20 a.m.|
|Illinois||Orange||2-3 Girls||Eric Carlson||11:20 a.m.|
|Wisconsin||Red||2-3 Girls||Luke Behnke||11:30 a.m.|
|Ohio St||Gray||2-3 Girls||Jeff Kallio||11:30 a.m.|
|Mystics||Yellow||4-6 Girls||Ted Kosinski||11:40 a.m.|
|Sting||Royal Blue||4-6 Girls||Brett Augustine||11:40 a.m.|
|Sparks||Purple||4-6 Girls||Colleen McManus||11:50 a.m.|
|Liberty||Light Blue||4-6 Girls||Jesse Drage||11:50 a.m.|
|Nuggets||Brown||4 -6 Boys||Todd Lecher||12:40 p.m.|
|Clippers||Gray||4-6 Boys||Kyle Schleithauer||12:40 p.m.|
|Hawks||Red||4-6 Boys||Andy Ramer||12:50 p.m.|
|Jazz||Purple||4-6Boys||Andrew Calvert||12:50 p.m.|
|Kentucky||Royal Blue||2-3 Boys||Dylan Page||1:00 p.m.|
|St Johns||White||2-3 Boys||Mark Nicholson||1:00 p.m.|
|Marquette||Yellow||2-3 Boys||Cameron Brewer||1:10 p.m.|
|Georgetown||Gray||2-3 Boys||Jesse Drage||1:10 p.m.|
|Syracuse||Orange||2-3 Boys||William Piper||1:20 p.m.|
|Louisville||Red||2-3 Boys||Kevin Walenta||1:20 p.m.|
|Suns||Orange||4-6 Boys||Michael Mahan||2:20 p.m.|
|76ers||White||4-6 Boys||Brian McDonald||2:20 p.m.|
|Bucks||Green||4-6 Boys||Julie Willis||2:30 p.m.|
|Nets||Navy Blue||4-6 Boys||Vicki Zlotin||2:30 p.m.|
|Oregon||Green||2 -3 Boys||Andrew Calvert||2:40 p.m.|
|Connecticut||Navy Blue||2-3 Boys||Shaun Geidel||2:40 p.m.|
|Texas||Brown||2-3 Boys||Jason Gordon||2:50 p.m.|
|LSU||Purple||2-3 Boys||Adam Schoessow||2:50 p.m.|
|Bull Dogs||Gray||1st Grade||Jesse Drage||4:00 p.m.|
|Pirates||Green||1st Grade||Rickey Shneyder||4:00 p.m.|
|Highlanders||Red||1st Grade||Nathan Joynt||4:10 p.m.|
|Black Hawks||Orange||1st Grade||Tim Clancy||4:10 p.m.|
|Blue Dukes||Royal Blue||1st Grade||Kent Gordon||4:20 p.m.|
|Knights||White||1st Grade||Ted Kosinski||4:20 p.m.|