2020-2021 School Year | A Responsible Return
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we have taken time to review all options and carefully prepare to return to school. This time allowed us to review promising ideas and wait for critical information from county, state, and federal agencies regarding COVID-19. Our plans were developed in consultation with local and state health department officials, including physicians, nurses, and public health experts.
In preparation for our responsible return, we have carefully considered how to accommodate the instructional, health, social and emotional needs of our students, faculty, and staff. Our guiding principles have set the foundation for how our organization will operate in the 2020-2021 school year. The following core principles guide our return.
CORE PRINCIPLES GUIDING OUR RETURN
- Education must address every facet of a child's being
- Each student is valued, will learn and will experience personal success
- Staff is our most valuable asset in achieving our mission and vision
We are committed to providing:
- Meaningful and Effective Instruction: We are offering a variety of instructional options to ensure that each child can begin their school year safely and confidently, whether in person or via distance learning. Each instructional scenario is designed to provide adequate core instruction while fulfilling each child’s social and emotional needs.
- An Equitable Approach: All students get what they need, at the time they need it, in order to find their path to success. Our vision is each student, every time, empowered to succeed.
- A Safe Working & Learning Environment: We have developed comprehensive guidelines for health and safety strategies so that educational professionals can feel comfortable returning to an in-person instructional environment where they can realize their impact and fulfill their purpose.
Our plans for a responsible return to school for the 2020-2021 academic year include:
To inform planning for the 2020-2021 school year, parents/guardians will need to choose either an on campus or distance learning environment for their student’s learning. The selection of the learning environment should be done with the entire year in mind. If a student’s learning needs change during the year, the parents/guardians should contact the building administrator. For the on campus environment, MTSD administration is currently formalizing plans to start the school year in Instructional Scenario C (see the Responsible Return Operating Plan).
|First version of full Responsible Return Operating Plan released to families, staff, and community||8/5/20|
|Online registration/instructional choice/transportation selection/COVID-19 acknowledgment due to be completed through Infinite Campus Parent Portal||8/12/20|
|Student fees due through Campus Parent||8/14/20|
Responsible Return to School Operating Plan
Distance Learning Parameters
Responsible Return Overview Presentation
Responsible Return to School (downloadable PDF)