Family Resources & Frequently Asked Questions
The district is committed to providing families with the support and resources need to help all students achieve success this school year. This includes everything from free school meals, access to off-site COVID-19 testing and vaccination, social and emotional support, and more.
- If a student tests positive and they still have symptoms on Day 6, do they remain out the 5 extra days (10 days total), or do they return when symptoms are gone?
- If a student is testing as a close contact on Day 5-7, do they need to remain out of school while waiting for results?
- If a student identified as a close contact from 0-3 ft. was not wearing a mask and is not vaccinated, do they need to quarantine, or is it optional?
- Do household contacts need to quarantine?
- What will happen to students who refuse to wear face coverings or otherwise follow public health measures?
- What will happen to employees who refuse to wear face coverings or otherwise follow public health measures?
- Will there be field trips in the 2021-2022 school year?
- Will MTSD utilize COVID-19 testing in schools for the 2021-2022 school year?
- Will MTSD require students to be vaccinated for the 2021-2022 school year?
- How should I respond when I see someone not wearing a face covering where one is required?
- Is it okay to ask someone in my class if they've been vaccinated?
- What is the district doing to prevent mask-bullying for students who choose to wear a face covering?