Opportunity & Equity
In a school culture that is grounded in equity, all students get what they need, at the time they need it, in order to find their path to success. All students prevail in a school culture rooted in equity.
In the Mequon-Thiensville School District we will always persevere in serving students regardless of ability, circumstance or situation. Our commitment to success for every student is rooted in the ideals of equity, opportunity, and excellence for all.
The Mequon-Thiensville School District's Equity Non-negotiables are expectations derived from a set of principles core to our mission; they are not open to interpretation or modification.
- Eliminating inequities begins with each of us.
- We are responsible for the prevention of student failure, supporting students’ social emotional growth, and overall organizational improvement.
- Student involvement in all organizational programming is representational and equitable.
- Educational teams are intentionally designed and collaborate on grade level teams to increase and transform one another’s instructional capacity.
- We collaborate to analyze data, design proactive instruction, and select strategies for all learners assigned to our team.
- Instruction is culturally relevant and curriculum is rigorous for all learners. Definition of Rigor: Learning experiences that require students to use inquiry-based, collaborative strategies to stretch for mastery of challenging content established by our District Milestones for College Success.
- Curriculum and programming are proactively developed and revised to be delivered to improve overall student achievement, accommodate individual learning differences, and be delivered in flexible learning environments.
- Student performance profiles are regularly updated and maintained in order to assist educator teams in documenting progress and goals and determining appropriate instructional modifications.
- We will always persevere in serving students - even when a student lacks home support, guidance, and/or requisite knowledge; fails to exert the expected effort; and/or refuses to adhere to the code of conduct.
- All district policies, procedures, and funding are aligned with the school district’s Equity Non-Negotiables and are leveraged to eliminate inequities.